[stylist] Stevie Wonder- content of character

Judith Bron jbron at optonline.net
Sun Feb 1 15:35:32 UTC 2009

I got this today from a list that I'm on.  I read Justin's piece and I think
this is the best answer I can give him.  Dr. Martin Luther King yearned for
the day when people would be judged on the content of their character, and
not by the color of their skin.  The celebrity singing the attached song,
Stevie Wonder, made it big because he is talented and doesn't embarass
himself or his fans with outrageous behavior.  In short, he is a great
performer and icon.  Michael Steele was just voted in as the new RNC head.
Michael is black.  He is a good man, exceptional leader and has a lot of
good legislation to suggest.  Are there any cheerleaders waiting in the
wings to cheer Michael on?  Not at all.  If you are going to write something
great about a politician, make sure there is greatness in his vision.  Also,
don't fall into the rut Dr. King fought against.  Judge a person based on
the content of his character and not by the color of his skin.  Abe Lincoln
wasn't judged as a great white man, but because of his accomplishments he
was judged as a great leader.