[stylist] farther, further, farthest, furthest

John Lee Clark johnlee at clarktouch.com
Thu Feb 12 08:02:51 UTC 2009

Jim:

No, both distance and physical measurements in units go under farther.
Further deals with things like progress and other abstract concepts.  Should
NFB go further in its Braille literacy program?  Yes.  If you walk east from
NFB headquarters, can you walk farther than twenty miles?  No, you can't,
because you can't walk on the Atlantic Ocean!

I hope this helps!

John