[stylist] farther, further, farthest, furthest

Barbara Hammel poetlori8 at msn.com
Fri Feb 13 04:13:44 UTC 2009

No, it is the farthest.  It's talking about distance.  Earth is far from the
sun.  Jupiter is farther away and Neptune is now the farthest planet from
the sun.
I went far enough in college to get a B.A.  I could have gone further but it
was the furthest I wanted to go.
If anyone has the Elements Of Style book, it answers that question.  If I
don't see anyone refer to it before tomorrow morning, I'll look it up and
write what it says.
Barbara