[stylist] Thought Provoker About Love

John Lee Clark johnlee at clarktouch.com
Sun Feb 15 23:56:12 UTC 2009

Judith:

I understand what you're saying.  I hope, however, that you also understand
what I'm saying, too.  I didn't say there wouldn't be any conflicts.  I said
that there would be conflicts any way you go.  I only observed that there
would be PECULIAR conflicts, as opposed to COMMON ones, in a
different-culture union.

And so there may be conveniences in a same-culture marriage--such as the use
of the same language, the same tools, the same religion . . .  Such things
can be and ARE, for many couples, convenient.

So if you have, say, different religions in the union, don't tell me that
it's not inconvenient.  But as you and others have said, love can take care
of it.  An impoverished atheist Marxist can have a good marriage with a
devout Jew, but they are bound to have peculiar conflicts.

John

Checked by AVG.
6:01 PM