[stylist] does anyone

April Enderton endertona at wildblue.net
Sat Jan 3 16:05:03 UTC 2009

Dear James,

Jim never much cared for Scrabble, but he would play anyway.  Now, after all
these years, he is getting good at it.

Don't know if you ever heard this story, but the 70s rock group, Foghat said
they got their name from a Scrabble game.  They were playing Scrabble when
all of the sudden, one of them noticed that the word foghat was on the
board. They were probably drunk or high, but anyway, I always liked that
story of how a band got its name.

At first, when I was stuck holding a C and an L at the end of the game, I
looked at oven and thought, "Wow, I could put a C in front of oven and make
coven."  Then, I got to thinking, "Hmmm, I wonder if there is a word
cloven."  And, sure enough.

Each Scrabble game has its own personality and offers new and exciting
challenges and opportunities.  My grandma was a big crossword puzzle
enthusiast.  As for me, I'll take Scrabble any day.

April