[stylist] What comes first?...the story or the call for submission

Amy Krout-Horn krouthorn at verizon.net
Wed Jan 28 14:16:05 UTC 2009

Hi Writers,
Thanks James. I appreciate the summery of the last phone meeting, as well as your sense of humor. Here's a question for the list or perhaps, the February phone meeting, or both: As a rule, do you (everyone reading this) search out calls for submission, then create a manuscript to fit what the publication is looking for? On the flip side, do most of you spontaneously create, file the finished product away, and wait for a niche to arrive? I tend to do the latter, but am curious as to what others do and whether they feel their method is successful. Let's dialogue about this.
Amy K-H