[stylist] What comes first?...response to response

Shelley J. Alongi qobells at roadrunner.com
Fri Jan 30 06:26:15 UTC 2009

I write at night when it's quiet and cool. I also write during the day if
I'm in the midst of an incredibly creative jag. Sometimes when I want to
create without thinking and see what happens I'll put on jazz music. I have
a cd I got from a web site with a bandc called Drop Trio and I used to use
it to write. I find myself most creative when I listen to full body jazz,
lots of brass and steady rhythm, not too much Latin jazz it tends to be more
rowdy. If my surroundings are too quiet I can't create but if there are too
many people around then I'm distracted. The perfect balance for me is
comfort, music, solitude to a degree, and at least somewhere to start.
Sometimes my writing is a journey. In my latest story I've started with an
argument and at times I'm tempted to rewrite the first chapter where the
high point is revealed, but I'm interspersing past with present and I don't
want to change my high point so this is an exercise for me, to see how we
get to the point where an amazingly patient person loses patience with my
protagonist. Sometimes I imagine backdrops for the scenes, settings, and
images, then fill in the words and actions later. I'm producing about a
chapter every two weeks or so this way. I'm up to chapter 16. But I haven't
used music to create this story. These are my creative cacoons.
Shelley J. Alongi
Your Lifelong Pampered Chef Consultant With Bells On!
Home Office: (714)869-3207
Prepare tasty meals with eas and at $2.00 a serving from the pampered Chef
http://www.pamperedchef.biz/shellbellskit
**
Read the latest Metrolink essay The Planter by the Railroad Tracks
http://www.storymania.com/cgibin/sm2/smreadtitle.cgi?action=display&file=newtitles/AlongiSJ-Metrolink111ThePlanterByThe.htm
**
To read essays on my journey through Metrolink 111 or other interests click
on
http://www.storymania.com/cgibin/sm2/smshowauthorbox.cgi?page=&author=AlongiSJ&alpha=A

updated Dec 7, 2008