[stylist] Where The Blind Work

Robert Newman newmanrl at cox.net
Tue Jul 28 02:50:00 UTC 2009

	Division Members

I need to have you follow through with the below call for job descriptions.
This is for a super great cause- read further!

Karen C. Zakhnini of the Jernigan institute was a guest at our annual
meeting in Detroit. She spoke of the new push to get "Where The Blind work"
out in the consciousness of us all. Recall, this is a joint project between
the Writers' Division and The Jernigan Institute; Historically, this project
originated with the Writers' Division. The Institute views "Where The Blind
Work" as a great resource for youth and members of all ages to learn about
jobs and how the blind are doing them. During convention, Karen visited
division meetings talking about the project and challenging her audience to
get a high percentage of their division's members who are working or have
worked, to fill out the 5 question form about their employment experience.
She challenged our division to get in at least 12 job descriptions before
the end of summer. Our responsibility then would be, to edit the
descriptions which come in. The five questions can be filled out on-line at
http://www.nfb.org/nfb/Blind_Work.asp?SnID=28992349
or answer the following questions and email them to me at newmanrl at cox.net
or snail mail them to- Robert Leslie Newman, 504 S 57th St, Omaha, NE
68106.)

The questions needing to be answered are as follows (a * indicates a
required field):

1. *Name, * Industry in which you work, * Job title, Address 1, Address 2,
City, State, Zip Code, Phone number, E-mail,

*2. Please explain to us what any worker would do on this job (specialized
blindness alternatives will appear below).

*3. Please tell us the cause of your blindness. Then, let us know about the
alternative methods and/or techniques you use to perform your job.

*4. Please let us know of any required special training, education,
certificates, experience, etc. needed for this job.

*5. Please tell us about anyone or anything that aided you to be successful.

President NFB Writers' Division
Robert Leslie Newman
Email- newmanrl at cox.net
Division Website-