[stylist] Interesting book: Biography of the Blind

Robert Jaquiss rjaquiss at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 4 02:40:04 UTC 2009

Hello:

     I recently started reading the book Biography of the Blind by James Wilson. It is available from NLS in braille and in recorded form. RFB&D also has it. I remember seeing it cited in Dr. Jernigan's 1973 banquet speech, Is History Against Us, but only recently stumbled across it. If you want to read about the lives of an assortment of blind people, give it a read. I think its amazing that James Wilson published it in 1821 and he was totally blind. This means that he had to have people read him all his references and then dictate the contents of the book. Happy reading.

Regards,

Robert