[stylist] Running with a cane

Robert Newman newmanrl at cox.net
Thu Mar 12 23:41:52 UTC 2009

Jim, you had some very poor advice from your O and M instructor. I bet he
was a sighted guy. (Not really saying that all sighted O and M instructors
are by their actions non-believers in the potential of the human race, but
I'm just thinking he was from one of these O and M programs that are more
into  --- well, I really don't know, but they do not think like we in the
NFB do.) Boy, some of those guys, I'd love to poke their eyes out and make
them live the limited existence that they believe in (make them take some of
their own medicine).

Interesting, when I worked as a massage therapist, it was in a YMCA in
covenington, Kentucky and they had an indoor track. It was 27 laps per mile.
I ran on it and did not use a cane. I kept to the outside where I could feel
a slight rise in the floor boards. I put in 583 miles. And never had an
accident.

Robert Leslie Newman
Email- newmanrl at cox.net
THOUGHT PROVOKER Website-