[stylist] question

Judith Bron jbron at optonline.net
Wed Mar 25 13:33:09 UTC 2009

This reminds me of a paper I wrote in college.  The prof was an old hippy
who was teaching a course in criminology.  He looked at everything in the
traditional world as criminal.  Wasn't what I wanted to learn, but I was
stuck with him.  I wrote a paper on the criminality of education and wrote
some of the very things John is lauding.  However, as a parent I quickly
learned that children need parameters.  They have which line to go up to and
not cross.  Civilization also needs parameters.  Otherwise you have
situations where people go through their adulthood acting out anything they
want.  A lot of these kids, raised by free thinkers to do what they want,
have found it necessary to hire some very good lawyers.