[stylist] Shelley's Disney REstaurant Review

Shelley J. Alongi qobells at roadrunner.com
Fri Mar 27 03:56:01 UTC 2009

On Sunday during the telephone conference I was asked to send a sample of my restaurant reviews that I'm writing for my disney reservation team to the list. Below is the most recent article published in our team newsletter.

***
ON Friday January 23 I swept a friend along with me to Disneyland on Shelley's 2009 quest for good food throughout the resort. This year my goal is to try the different restaurants in the parks and downtown Disney not only to find more places to enjoy good food but to help our guests choose satisfying culinary experiences.

One of the cafeteria style restaurants in Disneyland park, right in Frontier Land, located by the Big thunder Mountain Railroad, this sprawling, patio or inside service restaurant offers a variety of what could be called southwest favorites: burritos, tacos, Tostada salad or Hacienda Chicken Caesar salad. I chose for my simple dinner the red chilli inchilada plate complete iwth beans and rice. The inchiladas were very flavorful, with just a hint of spiciness in the red chili sauce. The restaurant, decorated in old spanish style stone with an inviting fireplace and dotted with terracotta potted plants has about twenty inside tables, and a patio with a heat lamp that doesn't match the decor. If a guest chooses to sit outside, they will be serenaded by quiet guitar music emanating from the outside speakers.

Whoever prepares the meals deserves credit for something you might not readily think of when working with chicken. One of the easiest things to do with chicken is to overcook it, a process which is done by simply letting the meat come to a boil in any of its juices or sauces. Boil the chicken and you can have the best tasting sauce with the least flavorful chicken. To the chef's credit, the chicken was perfectly seasoned and flavorful. This restaurant definitely merits a second try.

Do come hungry and do come prepared to spend about $25.00 to $30.00 for two people. Prices range anywhere from $9.00 to $14.00 per plate.

On the night we went to Disneyland park, the lines to get in to the restaurant were not long, but it wouldn't have mattered because for my money the food was worth the wait. Enjoy and  happy eating to you and your guests.