[stylist] RE; NEW THOUGHT PROVOKER #145-

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Tue May 5 18:51:02 UTC 2009

They're probably looking at Franklin's eyes!  Very expressive, although it
took me awhile to find them in the picture.  /smile/  Mitzi is coal black,
too, and I so rarely catch a glimpse of her eyes that my mental image of her
is eyeless.

I did like Robert's twist on the "you don't look blind" routine, as well as
his use of the characters to emphasize their own racial stereotypes to
reinforce the underlying metaphor.  Clever, and engagingly written.

Going back off topic to your picture, I discovered when my glasses became
useless and I cheerfully ditched them that a person with a white cane and no
glasses is perceived as "blind" and therefore is treated much differently
than the same person when perceived as "visually impaired" when wearing
glasses with the same white cane.  Strange, but true.  /smile/

Tami Smith-Kinney