[stylist] censorship

helene ryles dreamavdb at googlemail.com
Thu May 7 02:15:08 UTC 2009

I used to write letters for the RNIB magazine new beacon. I don't mind
cutting and pasting a word or two to make things more readable.
However I do mind when what I write gets changed like it did when I
wrote something about the Opticon. I was writing that people still use
it and find it useful. Only the RNIB quoted me as saying it was
popular. I know it was never that, but things don't have to be popular
to be useful. It had a very small market which is why it died out, but
the market was there. Their just wasn't many of us. So where RNIB got
the word Popular from I'll never know.

Editing to smooth things is fine by me, but editing to radically
change the meaning. ie in changing the word useful to popular which
made me sound rediculous.

Helene