[stylist] chapter one- need feedback

Shelley J. Alongi qobells at roadrunner.com
Mon Nov 2 06:28:33 UTC 2009

I did a cursory look at this. This chapter is a good length. It introduces
us to some characters which tells me the other chapter must be a flash back?
Some of the transitions are a little choppy, I think the deep conversation
about career and life is a little intense for someone who has just been hit
by something larger than her, it might be an idea better introduced in a
later chapter. I would watch that passive voice, too, it sneaks out and
grabs me here and there. Check the sentences for stronger constructions.
Keep writing.
Shelley J. Alongi
Home Office: (714)869-3207
**
NFBWD "Slate and Style" editor
http://www.nfb-writers-division.org

**
"What sparked your interest in trains?"
"The face of an engineer who knew he was going to get killed by a freight
train."
---SJA for anyone who wants to know
To read essays on my journey through the Chatsworth train accident,
Metrolink 111 or other interests click on
http://www.storymania.com/cgibin/sm2/smshowauthorbox.cgi?page=&author=AlongiSJ&alpha=A

updated September 24, 2009