[stylist] reading lips

helene ryles dreamavdb at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 19 16:54:09 UTC 2009

Lori,
No 20 per cent is the actual figure. 50 percent or more is only if it
is combined with something else. Why else would people divise other
systems. Tactilating, cued speech, visual phonics. It's to fill the
gaps in.

As a Hard of hearing person I had residual hearing as well but if the
teacher didn't write things on the blackboard I really struggled.

If you don't believe me do a google search and I'm sure you will find
that the actual amount that is seen on lips is only 20 percent.

Helene