[stylist] reading lips

LoriStay at aol.com LoriStay at aol.com
Thu Nov 19 02:39:43 UTC 2009

Helene, each person who lip reads understands a different percentage of
what is being said.   The 20% figure is not true of all.   David says his deaf
friends understand 40 to 50% of what they lip read, and get the rest by
context.   And yes, sometimes they get it wrong.   But to say 20% is
generalizing, and it is not a good idea.
Lori