[stylist] Plot input.

James Canaday M.A. N6YR n6yr at sunflower.com
Thu Sep 3 05:18:53 UTC 2009

Dear Alan,
Amy  beat me to it, but the scenario of two people having an
autoimmune heart condition and both needing transplants isn't so far fetched.
without involvement of diabetes, if instead they as a couple traveled
to a part of the world with a Scarlet fever outbreak, and both
contracted it.  later, they were both found to have heart valve
problems and an autoimmune rejection process going on.  now, a little
less plausible is that they would actually be able to be donors for
each other's hearts.
but here's a good intro on the Rheumatic fever issue:
http://www.illness-disease.com/rec/364-Rheumatic-fever/

for the two of them to be potential heart donors to each other and
make it a bit more plausible, they need to have the same blood type,
be generally the same size, and there are a couple dozen  titers in
blood matching.  but some of that could be covered by maybe putting
them both into a religious/ethnic minority together I think.

Alan, I'm recovering from congestive heart failure, my heart
literally pumps twice what it did five years ago.  back then, I was a
few months away from living in the hospital and waiting for transplant.

in my case, and I think in most, docs try hard to save the heart
rather than going quickly to transplant.  transplant has a lot of risks.

now, as to your plot, it is a great one and don't let anybody talk
you out of it!  there are good reasons why even ancient greeks
thought that the heart was the seat of all emotion.
jc

Jim Canaday M.A.
Lawrence, KS