[stylist] barb's sci-fi thinking

James Canaday M.A. N6YR n6yr at sunflower.com
Wed Sep 16 02:47:47 UTC 2009

well the computers and mind connection as far as I know only goes to
movements and choices, since choices can be analoged as
movements.  for example, interesting research on giving quadraplegics
movement via robot arms and hands controled by brain behavior.
the concept that thoughts and especially text in the mind being
transcribed by a computer is probably still a very long way off.

Lori, you remember "Sorry, wrong number?"  Agnes Morehead was in the
radio dramatization and Barbara Stanwick did the movie: invalid wife
picks up phone in days of party lines, hears a murder plotted.  at
the end you learn it was her own murder she heard being plotted.
wonderful story.
yes, I am going to write this, I think I could have a lot of fun with
the concept of the "author's own hand."
jc
Jim Canaday M.A.
Lawrence, KS