[stylist] Clarity, movement through time and rearanging chapters.

helene ryles dreamavdb at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 17 02:46:35 UTC 2009

It seems that my movement through time is confusing some readers. I've
tried a purely cronological aproach but it lacked suspense.

But I see how the chapters can be a little confusing
Would a change of order like this help cut out on that?

1:   6/1997  A testomony by Fiona the fader
3:   1983 (14 years earlier) An honorary dragon by Liza Bronze
7:   1986 (3 years later) Why I kidnapped Nadia by Liza Bronze
2:   1991 (5 years later) Early memories by Nadia Murat
4:   1993 (2 years later) Replaced by a career by Nadia Murat
(I would divide chapter 2 into 2 short chapters)
5:   1993  The sad fate of Liza Bronze by Shania Krum

second half of chapter from where Liza travels to Nazdonia (1993)
6:  1993/1994   Druzil school for the deaf and the blind.     Nadia Murat
Someone suggested that chapter also needed dividing. What do others think?
8: 1994  The son my mother wanted by Nadia Murat

Would rearanging the chapters this way help cause less confusion? I
would still start the book in 1997 then go back in time. After that I
would just go forward except for the occasional flash back.

The only problem is it would spoil the pattern of liza having a
chapter then Nadia, then back to Liza again.

Helene