[stylist] FLM Comments

Shelley J. Alongi qobells at roadrunner.com
Wed Sep 23 06:12:14 UTC 2009

Do you mean the train hitting the person on the tracks? We don't cover it
anymore in this book but it might come up again. I'll keep it in mind only
because it does serve as the beginning of their relationship. The engineer
who was killed in the Chatsworth accident had such an incident occur a week
before he died and apparently he was really bothered by it; it shows up in
his text messages and his brother talked abou it; this was all before the
whole thing erupted about him text messaging while on duty. Anyway it was
such a glimpse into someone's character I thought wow I had never thought of
what someone might think that was involved in that; I don't have a lot of
sympathy for people who deliberately walk in front of trains. Now no one
remembers that he had such a bad reaction to it. Anyway, it was certainly
something different to use in a story. Thanks for reading.
Shelley J. Alongi
Home Office: (714)869-3207
**
NFBWD "Slate and Style" editor
http://www.nfb-writers-division.org

**
To read essays on my journey through the Chatsworth train accident,
Metrolink 111 or other interests click on
http://www.storymania.com/cgibin/sm2/smshowauthorbox.cgi?page=&author=AlongiSJ&alpha=A

updated September 13, 2009