[stylist] question about philosophy

Donna Hill penatwork at epix.net
Fri Aug 20 13:46:27 UTC 2010

Hi Bridget,
I agree with you, but then again, I use social media so can't be trusted
to know the finer points of federation philosophy. My feelings are that
if the sighted public does something, why shouldn't we. Many nonprofits
and causes use money jars when they do their own versions of Meet &
Greet. Visit a table for the Elizabeth Coleman Race for the Cure (breast
cancer) for instance and you will often find people selling products and
accepting donations.

It ruffles my feathers when suggestions are made that we should all be
doing this or that or be labeled as inferior representations of
federation philosophy. If you accept that blind people are just like
everyone else, then differences in approach and opinion follow.

Anyway, just my two cents.
Donna

Read Donna's articles on
Suite 101:
www.suite101.com/profile.cfm/donna_hill
Ezine Articles:
http://ezinearticles.com/?expert=D._W._Hill
American Chronicle:
www.americanchronicle.com/authors/view/3885

Connect with Donna on
Twitter:
www.twitter.com/dewhill
LinkedIn:
www.linkedin.com/in/dwh99
FaceBook:
www.facebook.com/donna.w.hill.

Hear clips from "The Last Straw" at:
cdbaby.com/cd/donnahill
Apple I-Tunes
phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playListId=259244374

Check out the "Sound in Sight" CD project
Donna is Head of Media Relations for the nonprofit
Performing Arts Division of the National Federation of the Blind:
www.padnfb.org