[stylist] November's Monthly Telephone gathering- a very good interview

Robert Leslie Newman newmanrl at cox.net
Wed Dec 1 23:56:57 UTC 2010

Dear Writers' Division and STYLIST members

Sunday the 28th, Gary Wunder was our guest speaker. We talked for a little
more than an hour and a half. Gary told us of the history of the Monitor,
about the process of editing and putting the mag together, what thoughts he
has for its present and future content makeup, what some of the more common
mistakes that writers will make, that they are not swamped with submissions
and routinely need to "beat the bushes" to fill the pages, and more. Our
members and guests totaled 18, the largest attendance thus far in our
monthly gatherings.

The recording for November will be made available soon. In fact, I have been
made aware that not only can the recording be downloaded onto your own
computer, but it is also possible to call in and listen to it over the
phone. I'll get you that information, soon.

One other great finding is, that our October gathering has also been located
and will soon make its way onto our website. This was with writing
instructor Foster, and she was another great guest!

December, once I get word on this, should be a visit with a gentleman who is
a technical writer. He would inform us on that end of writing. Stay tune for
more word on this.

Other months coming up will hold- a visit with a prize winning poet. Also a
month wherein the information presented will be all about using JAWS as an
editing tool. And so if you have other ideas/suggestions, write me and fill
me in.

Thank you all

Thank you all for your interest and suggestions.

Robert Leslie Newman

President- NFB Writers' Division

Division Website

 <http://www.nfb-writers-division.org> http://www.nfb-writers-division.org