[stylist] Writers' division Monthly Telephone Gathering- December

James H. "Jim" Canaday M.A. N6YR n6yr at sunflower.com
Sat Dec 11 05:16:02 UTC 2010

I do have word games but please bring one if you have one you
like.  here's what I thought to do:
I would give everyone one item to work on so to speak off the phone,
while we have some contestants try some others.
so that way we all would work on something, and during the
teleconference we would have other word games going.

one of my favorite word games is categories: for example I say the
word is flute, and the category is countries in the world.  you
identify countries starting with the letters f l u t and e. [france,
liberia, uruguay, Turkey, ecuador]

another one that all of us could jump in on is a game of connections:
you must give a noun, title or whatever is appropriate that begins
with the last letter of the previous answer.  so if I say we are
connecting trees, and start by saying "oak" the next person must name
a tree starting with the letter k.  and so on.

there are some more complex word games and I will try to have a few
prepared.  if you listen to Will Shorts on npr sunday morning, some
of this is already familiar to you.
jc