[stylist] Merry Christmas, Puzzle Guy tomorrow and more

Robert Leslie Newman newmanrl at cox.net
Sat Dec 25 12:43:24 UTC 2010

Merry Christmas and here is wishing you all a safe and happy Holiday! And to
our Jewish and Muslim and Hindu and other friends, may you be welcome and
honored now and on your special Holiday's, as well.

And yes --- tomorrow is our night with the Puzzle Guy, Alan Stillson.
December is a busy month and several of the Division will not be joining us,
however those of us who will and also from the performing arts division, we
should be able to come up with a respectful crowd and give Mister Stillson a
good run for his money (though "money" is in this case, only a figure of
speech; Alan is volunteering his time and talent  as a writer and Puzzle
Master).

If you are not a quick minded puzzle sort of thinking person, don't let that
make you shy away from this Gathering. There I am sure will be several on
the call who will want to openly and enthusiastically engage Alan in his
word games. And I for one am looking forward to having Alan tell us about
this type of writing. Think of it, as a poem or short story or novel or
magazine article must be created, so too are these word puzzles! What does
that take? And for the average writer, or -- well, reader or user of
"words," what is the purpose of, the value of this type of literature? Yeah,
let's check out this type or "breed" of writer. And have some fun. (It will
be recorded.)

---To get on to the call:

The time is- 8:30 PM Eastern; 7:30 PM Central; 6:30 PM Mountain; 5:30 PM
Pacific.

The phone number to call is- 218-339-4300

The code is: 568839# (last character is a number sign)

Robert Leslie Newman
President- NFB Writers' Division
Division Website
http://www.nfb-writers-division.org