[stylist] invitation to join book talk

Donna Hill penatwork at epix.net
Wed Dec 29 15:32:31 UTC 2010

Hi Atty,
I hope you have mentioned the inaccuracies in crime scene details to
your friend. I heard a literary agent at a writers conference this
summer talk about that being a real red flag to most agents. As for not
reading other people's work ... sorry, but I think your friend is
exercising extreme foolishness and arrogance. While it is important to
spend time working on your own craft, it is important to read other
writers for many reasons -- not the least of which is to experience the
joy of reading. Also, what others do shows us what we as individuals
like, respond to and so on. Can you imagine a world where none of the
writers read anyone else's work? BTW, if you're reading his stuff and he
doesn't read other writers, does he return the favor and read yours?
Donna

Read Donna's articles on
Suite 101:
www.suite101.com/profile.cfm/donna_hill
Ezine Articles:
http://ezinearticles.com/?expert=D._W._Hill
American Chronicle:
www.americanchronicle.com/authors/view/3885

Connect with Donna on
Twitter:
www.twitter.com/dewhill
LinkedIn:
www.linkedin.com/in/dwh99
FaceBook:
www.facebook.com/donna.w.hill.

Hear clips from "The Last Straw" at:
cdbaby.com/cd/donnahill
Apple I-Tunes
phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playListId=259244374

Check out the "Sound in Sight" CD project
Donna is Head of Media Relations for the nonprofit
Performing Arts Division of the National Federation of the Blind:
www.padnfb.org