[stylist] invitation to join book talk

Anita Adkins aadkins7 at verizon.net
Wed Dec 29 16:27:12 UTC 2010

Hello,

I agree.  I think that to be a writer, you must also be a reader.  First, I
read because I absolutely love doing it.  When I write, I come to the
writing table with my experiences, which includes what I've read and my
other life experiences.  As a writer, I am also an editer, meaning I need to
know how others write in order to make my writing be what it should be.
Also, I read the works of others, and they read my works, and as a result,
better quality pieces emerge.  Also, others, such as a good friend of mine,
will share their ideas with me, and that helps them to write, and I do the
same to my friend and other writers who are interested.  So I say to be a
good writer, it is required that you be a reader and that you be openminded
and willing to accept the critiques of others.  Anita