[stylist] story I just wrote

Chelsea Cook astrochem119 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 22:48:40 UTC 2010

Lori,

  I'm not sure if this came through: I was mostly focussing on
the relationship between student and professor, and how the
"real" world had nothing left to offer them: how politics and
bureaucracy had constricted the intellect so much that it had to
escape.  Could not help putting a few of my present feelings in
it.  Thank you for the editing suggestions: "Flitted" was just
the word I was going for, I just couldn't remember it at the
time! Also, the point about the briefcase helped: I didn't know
they were that small!

Shelley,
  Where did you find those books you mentioned earlier about
worlds colliding? I can't find them on the NLS Talking Books,
Bookshare, or RFBD.
"I ask you to look both ways.  For the road to a knowledge of the
stars leads through the atom; and important knowledge of the atom
has been reached through the stars."
Sir Arthur Eddington, British astrophysicist (1882-1944), Stars
and Atoms (1928), Lecture 1