[stylist] Book editing

Toni trfraser at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 30 01:27:40 UTC 2010

Hi Robert,
I am working through my book, one step at a time. Actually the suggestions
Anna is giving me make sense, such as being consistent when talking about
keystrokes, such as the ALT key, the CONTROL key and such all being either
in all caps, or initial caps. Also, having a way to be consistent throughout
the book on how to show what keystrokes are pressed at the same time, and
what keystrokes have to be pressed separately. I opted for ALT-H to show
together and ALT-H, F, S, to show that alt H is pressed together, and then
the F and S are pressed separately.

She has also pointed out when sentences didn't make sense in certain places,
but would make sense in others, and also keeping topics together. She has
also suggested dealing with the easiest keystrokes to remember first, and
then introducing the harder stuff.

I am definitely learning a lot from this experience. I am only up to page
six on the corrections, and I only have 18 pages to go! (evil grin).

I am going to train with my next guide dog for the next two weeks. I have a
four and a half hour plane ride, so that will give me some time to work on
the editing stuff!