[stylist] Novel Outlines/research

James H. "Jim" Canaday M.A. N6YR n6yr at sunflower.com
Wed Jul 14 03:44:13 UTC 2010

1820,
possible indian wars.

Aricara 1823.  nothing in 1820.
foreign wars:
1820-1829

1820-23 – Africa. Naval units raided the slave traffic pursuant to the 1819
act of Congress.
[RL30172]
[Slave Traffic]

1822 – Cuba. United States naval forces
suppressing piracy landed on the northwest coast
of Cuba and burned a pirate station.
[RL30172]

1823 – Cuba. Brief landings in pursuit of pirates occurred April 8 near
Escondido
; April 16 near
Cayo Blanco
; July 11 at
Siquapa Bay
; July 21 at
Cape Cruz
; and October 23 at
Camrioca.
[RL30172]

1824 – Cuba. In October the
USS Porpoise
  landed
bluejackets
  near
Matanzas
  in pursuit of pirates. This was during the cruise authorized in 1822.
[RL30172]

1824 –
Puerto Rico
  (Spanish territory). Commodore
David Porter
  with a landing party attacked the town of
Fajardo
  which had sheltered pirates and insulted
American naval officers. He landed with 200 men
in November and forced an apology. Commodore Porter was later
court-martialed for overstepping his powers.
[RL30172]

1825 – Cuba. In March cooperating American and British forces landed at
Sagua La Grande
  to capture pirates.
[RL30172]

1827 – Greece. In October and November landing parties hunted pirates on the
Mediterranean
  islands of
Argenteire,
Myconos