[stylist] I need your help

Donna Hill penatwork at epix.net
Wed Jul 28 02:01:24 UTC 2010

Hi Judith,
This sort of list with actual contact people goes for huge bucks from
folks like Vocus.  I believe the newswire services have options for
radio as well -- PR Newswire and PRWeb, for instance. Again, they cost.
I had a subscription to Bill Stohler's monthly newsletter about PR that
included contacts, but I often found them outdated within weeks of
getting them and never had any success promoting the Performing Arts
Division through them.

Here is a free resource  (Fair's Media List) with some information, but
it looks like it's targeted at the average citizen who wants to contact
the media rather than PR professionals. There's a Heading for radio
shows down the page:
http://www.fair.org/index.php?page=111

Also, this is the site for the PA radio stations. I imagine there's one
for every state as there is for newspapers. Getting the contact
information involves going to the links, when provided, and searching
the station's site:
http://www.shgresources.com/pa/radio/

Other than Googling, word of mouth and the like, I don't know of any way
to get a list. When I do mailings, I spend many hours putting together
the information. You should also be aware that not every station is
listed. Also, are you looking for on air only or internet radio talk
shows as well? What are you trying to do? Perhaps monitoring journalist
query lists like HARO, Reporter Connection and Pitch Rate -- all of
which are free and come as daily  e-mails -- would help.
Donna

Read Donna's articles on
Suite 101:
www.suite101.com/profile.cfm/donna_hill
American Chronicle:
www.americanchronicle.com/authors/view/3885

Connect with Donna on
Twitter:
www.twitter.com/dewhill
LinkedIn:
www.linkedin.com/in/dwh99
FaceBook:
www.facebook.com/donna.w.hill.

Hear clips from "The Last Straw" at:
cdbaby.com/cd/donnahill
Apple I-Tunes
phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playListId=259244374

Check out the "Sound in Sight" CD project
Donna is Head of Media Relations for the nonprofit
Performing Arts Division of the National Federation of the Blind:
www.padnfb.org