[stylist] publishing question

Barbara Hammel poetlori8 at msn.com
Wed Mar 10 15:48:54 UTC 2010

So, I just downloaded the poet's market for 2009 from bookshare.  I was reading it and got the explanation for previously published work.  What if I've not kept track of poems I've shared publicly because it has been a while or I didn't really care?  I know we've talked here about things printed here being published and I remember the three that I've shared here, but what about submitting to one of those Vanity books online.  If I didn't pay money for a book does that mean it's still mine because they didn't do anything with it?
What happens if I do submit something as not previously published but it may have been and I don't remember.
Mind you, I've only had some in a high school writing collection, a college dorm paper and our church newsletter.
Barbara

A Congress that will always do its work in the dark must have something to hide.  The people have spoken, yet they do not listen.