[stylist] Editing with JAWS

Brad Dunse lists at braddunsemusic.com
Mon Nov 8 23:59:54 UTC 2010

Judith,

I think what you might be referring to is a feature in Word that
corrects spelling and alerts you right  away. Check out your
tools/options  menu, then your Spelling and Grammar tab. There are
tick boxes for checking as you go, making suggestions and etc. As far
as I  know, there has never been an actual spell checking tool in
Jaws, it is likely reading a part of the screen. The newer Jaws has a
thing called Text Analyzer which will alert you of multiple spaces,
open ended quotes, open parenthesis and other issues. But it didn't
seem to catch  my test goofs.

I'd be interested in getting what you described though, but I can't
get it to work on here.

Brad

Brad

On 11/8/2010  01:35 PM Judith Bron said...
>Bridget, Before my hard drive was replaced Jaws told me when on a
>line that I had whatever number of spelling/grammer errors on that
>line.  I can' remember how to get that back.  Also, this told me
>that a word was misspelled right after I spelled it.  I already have
>jaws set to announce all punctuation.  Judith
>----- Original Message ----- From: "Bridgit Pollpeter"
><bpollpeter at hotmail.com>

Brad Dunse

He who angers you controls you