[stylist] Editing with JAWS

Brad Dunse lists at braddunsemusic.com
Thu Nov 11 01:35:24 UTC 2010

If you set your scheme to "Proofreading , attributes, font info and
color" you should get this info. You can set these on the fly with
INS ALT S in later versions.

Brad

On 11/10/2010  06:02 PM Ashley  Bramlett said...
>Judith and all, I am also interested in the verbosity explanation.
>Is there a way to have jaws also tell you formating line by line
>before jaws reads the line?  I mean like bold, italics, color,
>indents, etc.  I know the command insert F for font but then you
>have to do that every time you want info.
>
>Ashley
>----- Original Message ----- From: "Judith Bron" <jbron at optonline.net>
>Sent: Monday, November 08, 2010 8:59 PM
>Subject: Re: [stylist] Editing with JAWS
>

>>Alan, Thanks for this.  I am interested in the verbocity
>>settings.  From what I'm seeing here that is what will give me
>>spelling and grammer errors as I type and proof read line by
>>line.  Thanks, Judith
>>----- Original Message ----- From: "Alan" <awheeler at neb.rr.com>
>>Sent: Monday, November 08, 2010 8:44 PM
>>Subject: Re: [stylist] Editing with JAWS
>>

>>>Judith,
>>>You're welcome. Here's what to do. I had to really look because
>>>it's changed in JAWS since the last time I played with it.
>>>
>>>While in MS Word, press Insert (JAWS Key) and the number 6 (from
>>>the number row) to open the JAWS configuration file for Word.
>>>Press alt-S for the settings menu and arrow down to "speech and
>>>sound schemes." When you've opened this dialogue, select
>>>"proofreading attributes and font information" and tab to the OK
>>>button and hit enter. This will give you information about fonts
>>>and indentation. You can find settings for the spelling and
>>>grammar errors in the verbosity settings by pressing Insert-V from
>>>within your word document. If anyone wants more detailed
>>>information on that process, let me know.
>>>
>>>----- Original Message ----- From: "Judith Bron" <jbron at optonline.net>
>>>Sent: Monday, November 08, 2010 6:36 PM
>>>Subject: Re: [stylist] Editing with JAWS

Brad Dunse

Instead of waiting out the storm, learn to dance in the rain

E Mail: brad at braddunsemusic.com

Website: http://www.braddunsemusic.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1464323555

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/braddunse

MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/braddunse

Brad Dunse

The key to change... is to let go of fear --Roseanne Cash

E Mail: brad at braddunsemusic.com