[stylist] writing sample

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 18 17:10:18 UTC 2010

Judith,

But if your story is about inner-city gang members, the narration can't
sound like a college professor lecturing on some lofty topic.  Even if
your story about teens is meant for adult readers, the narration has to
be consistent with the circumstances of the characters and subject.

I don't think it is a matter of Joe limiting himself.  He is a crazy
smart guy, but I think, as writers, we need to find a voice for our
narrators that fits with the over-all complexity of a story.

Bridgit