[stylist] Songwriting

Joe Orozco jsorozco at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 13:32:04 UTC 2010

Dear all,

I'm glad Marion came out of the woodwork when he did.  I have a question he,
and hopefully others, will be able to answer.  How does one get started with
songwriting?  I play piano by ear as a hobby but have no idea how I could
translate my own invented melodies to paper, nor how to make others hear my
poetry in the melodies I've arranged in my head.  Does one need to know
music notation to succeed at this?  Thanks for any help, and Priscilla, oh
dear peer pressure that you are, I am working out some kinks in my novel
before it is worthy of your reading.

Best,

Joe