[stylist] Writers' division Monthly Gathering- September

Robert Leslie Newman newmanrl at cox.net
Sat Sep 18 20:11:38 UTC 2010

RE: September Writers' Division's Telephone Gathering- Sunday September
26th

the topic for our monthly telephone gathering for this month has changed.
Our college instructor had to wing her way off to Singapore to consult or
teach. Exciting! I bet we can get her next month.

The new topic is brought to us by Priscilla McKinley. She suggests: Have
people read a couple of paragraphs that focus on style and voice and that we
discuss nonfiction pieces that use particular styles and voices.  We could
also discuss various forms of memoir writing -- books, essays, journals, and
so on.  And forms of the essay?  Spiral, Linear, and disjointed.

I'll be there for this one, for sure. Some of the above terms, I can only
guess at the concepts they represent. (Here is an admission- As far as I
recall, I've never cracked open a book on writing --- ooo lots of discussion
and come from that confession.)

Is there anyone out there who can find examples of all the writing styles
mentioned above?

The time is- 8:30 PM Eastern; 7:30 PM Central; 6:30 PM Mountain; 5:30 PM
Pacific.

The phone number to call is- 218-339-4300

The code is: 568839# (last character is a number sign)

It will be recorded and posted to our website

Robert Leslie Newman

President NFB Writers' division

Writers' Division Website-

http://www.nfb-writers-division.orgPersonal Website-