[stylist] OT: help with Jaws & Outlook/Thunderbird

Donna Hill penatwork at epix.net
Thu Apr 14 17:43:14 UTC 2011

Hi All,
I've been having major problems with Jaws and Thunderbird, which was
working fine until a few months ago. It's crashing a lot and whenever I
do anything like open a message, move around in the message list or try
to save something, there's a long period of time (90 seconds or more)
when Jaws won't say a word. My sighted husband sees no pop ups or
anything that would be blocking Jaws access to the program.

Anyway, though I used to love my Thunderbird, I am now trying to get
Outlook 2003 to work. I've imported my address books (sideways through
Outlook Express) and set up two of my accounts. One major problem is
that I can't figure out how to switch from one account to the other in a
new message. In Thunderbird, there's a From field with a combo box
containing each account, but I can't find anything in Outlook.

I'd appreciate any advice. This is taking up all of my time. BTW, if it
matters, I'm now using Jaws 12 with XP. I had the same problems with
Jaws 9 and 11. I tried re installing the latest Thunderbird from the web
(3.19) and Jamal Mazuri's scripts for Thunderbird, which didn't help.

Thanks,
Donna

--
Read Donna's articles on
Suite 101:

Hear clips from "The Last Straw" at:
cdbaby.com/cd/donnahill

Connect with Donna on
Twitter:
www.twitter.com/dewhill
LinkedIn:
www.linkedin.com/in/dwh99
FaceBook:
www.facebook.com/donna.w.hill.

Apple I-Tunes
phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playListId=259244374

Check out the "Sound in Sight" CD project
Donna is Head of Media Relations for the nonprofit
Performing Arts Division of the National Federation of the Blind:
www.padnfb.org

=======
http://www.pctools.com/
=======