[stylist] Tate Publishing

Brad Dunse' lists at braddunsemusic.com
Mon Apr 25 14:53:46 UTC 2011

In the music industry we call  these "Song Sharks". Preying on the
eager writer who is starry eyed over someone interested in their
work. My daughter who wrote poetry as a teen nearly got drawn in. The
open palm coupled by open wallet is always  worth a wave good bye.
The thing about sharks are if you pull their teeth? They've got more
that come in right behind it and assume the duty, same here :).

Brad

On 4/25/2011  09:19 AM Donna Hill said...
>Hi Judith,
>Yes, first-time authors contact publishers at their own peril; either they
>are legit and don't deal directly with writers or they are out for a fast
>buck like this one. I've mentioned before on this list, but I think it bears
>repeating, that unless you're going to do self-publishing, you need to find
>an agent. Bookshare has  a copy of the 2009 Guide to Literary Agents, which
>although it is a bit old, at least is a good place to start.
>Donna

Brad Dunse

Concerned about the expense of your life destination?
...If you don't flat out enjoy the journey, it already costs too
much. --Anonymous

http://www.braddunsemusic.com

http://www.facebook.com/braddunse

http://www.twitter.com/braddunse