[stylist] Word: cacophony

KajunCutie926 at aol.com KajunCutie926 at aol.com
Thu Dec 1 16:18:24 UTC 2011

When I saw the word I had to share a piece I'd written  actually titled
'Cacophony'.  It is written in a poetry form developed by  myself and a friend,
called a tankabun, a hybrid if you will of a haibun.   I just hope you
enjoy the piece..

Cacophony

Such a discordance
Of chirps,  tweets, and warbled voice
Makes me wonder
If the master composer
Has  misplaced his feathered baton

It is not the beauty of song that draws me  outdoors, braving the damp
frigidity of this winter morning. It is the  sheer noise!  This is not a
collaborative effort becoming one avian voice.  This is not harmony of sparrow and
wren, warbler and finch.  No, this is an  exclamatory oration from each,
determined to be heard in their collective  audacity.  I laugh, joining the
non-melodious flock, as realization shivers  through me.  These are the off-key
mutterings of winged friends,  discovering that winter has neither frozen
their wardrobes nor silenced their  voices.  The master's baton has not been
misplaced after all and even  he applauds them and this, an impromptu
composition of feathered  cacophony.

In a message dated 11/30/2011 5:16:04 P.M. Central Standard Time,