[stylist] posting, critiquing and editing

Brad Dunsé lists at braddunsemusic.com
Mon Dec 5 23:35:20 UTC 2011

In songwriting, most have moved from calling them
critiques to calling them "evals" or evaluations.
You're right, critique gives the idea a writer
will be tied at the stake, doused with gas,
critiquers will make paper airplanes of the
writer's copy, set fire to them and send them
sailing  towards the victim while snearing
comments like, "not engaging enough," "no
protagonist," "no plot." I've  probably learned
more about watching other people's songs
evaluated as my own. I formed an opinion of my
own ideas, then watched how they lined up to the
common thread of others. I like the idea of
atheme assignment and whoever can, write
something. This would be cool for a monthly
thing. Not everyone will have time, but still would be cool.

Brad

Brad Dunsé

Check out my Quick Tips article published monthly
in the Muses Muse E-zine at http://www.musesmuse.com/musesnews/

http://www.braddunsemusic.com

http://www.facebook.com/braddunse

http://www.twitter.com/braddunse