[stylist] writing exercise Christmas themed--2 poems

KajunCutie926 at aol.com KajunCutie926 at aol.com
Tue Dec 6 14:54:15 UTC 2011

Before you read... please know that I love Christmas  but I am so not a
shopper so this is a tongue in cheek memo from the Scrooge  side of me...read
it with a smile or at least I hope you do..) And the second  one is about the
love (or not) of fruitcake...As I both meant to be tongue in  cheek...I
also have a series of three Rudolph parodies written for both children  and us
adults who still have the child in them...if anyone would like to read  them
let me know and I can send to private email instead of clogging the
list..)
Myrna

Attention:  Memo from Scrooge

To Whom it  may Concern:

I love Christmas ... really I do!
Carols and bells,  peppermint and poinsettia,
The scent of pine and sugar cookie dough
All  mingle to create memories that
I cherish and look forward to... BUT
I am  not a shopaholic and wear
The badge of shopping Scrooge proudly,
Like my  personal Yuletide decoration.
And if I could wire it up with a light or  two,
I would and it would illuminate the world
With  this bit of  wisdom--
"Be happy that I'd rather be ONline
Than IN line...  it brightens
Your day more than you know!"