[stylist] Posting about a new book discussion post complaining about subject info and what should be typed in place of existing info and so on...

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 6 18:42:23 UTC 2011

How do you know they hold no interest for you? You can't always tell by
a title alone if a book holds any individual interest. Without reading
some review or synopsis, or reading a few pages, one can't determine if
a book is interesting or not by a title, with the exception of perhaps a
self-help book, smile.

And it's already been said by more than one person that should this
happen, either book reviews or discussions, or both, specific subjects
including the title would be used. Then again, we decided a long time
ago to put title, genre and warnings for language or sexual or political
content in subjects and to date, I think I'm the only one to follow that
mandate. And seeing how few submissions follow S & S guidelines, I don't
think we're great at following directions here, grin.

At least Jackie posted a sample of her own writing, which I keep being
told is the point of this listserve.

Sincerely,
Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter
Read my blog at: