[stylist] Genres I like

Jacobson, Shawn D Shawn.D.Jacobson at hud.gov
Thu Dec 8 18:55:53 UTC 2011

Bridgit

One Orson Scott Card novel that is strictly fantasy (no scifi elements at all) is Magic Street (a transferal of "A Midsummer Night's Dream" to black Los Angeles.  You might like that one.

You may want to try Catherine Asaro's Skolian Empire books to.  She mixes the science fiction and romance genres.  The first book in the series, Primary Inversion, was not quite to my taste, I thought the protagonist was something of a ditz, but the story was vary character driven (you may like it).

Shawn