[stylist] Christmas assignment

Brad Dunsé lists at braddunsemusic.com
Sat Dec 10 02:43:31 UTC 2011

Good Eve, Eve, Sorry that sounded cute too haha.

I like the wonderful imagery of the Christmas
trinkets and traditions you have here. This gal
reminded me of the elderly lady character in
Driving Ms Daisy, independent. You called the
piece Christmas Spirit, but listed it Mrs Haderly
in the email, as well repeated her name often in
the piece, so I'd call it that. I am no poet, but
I would see this as a free-style poem, if that is
the right term--I have no idea. At any rate it
was more poetic than story telling and yet it
told a story. The antique tree stand reminded me
that folks of her vintage, we'll say, generally
don't throw away much of anything, using it to
it's full extent. Lot's of kindness in her as
well. It seems to me she is doing this almost
compulsively, as if doing it, brings back her
husband for just a short while. Is that why she's
crying in the end? Maybe her husband and her made
a tradition of sipping cider, listening to music
and decorating the house at Christmas, and as
long as she keeps doing it, he lives on though
he's been gone? I know you didn't mention a
hubby, but I just get the distinct impression
there is a reason she is seen as so much the
inspiration by others, for much different reasons
that reside within herself to continue all these years. I liked it.

Brad

On 12/9/2011  06:33 PM Eve Sanchez said...