[stylist] Recommendation needed

Cheryl Orgas & William Meeker meekerorgas at ameritech.net
Tue Dec 20 15:11:05 UTC 2011

Brad,

I don't read many mysteries, but I've enjoyed novels by:

William J. Coughlin, who has four novels on BARD, several of which are set
in the Detroit area;

Elmore Leonard, has written numerous mysteries, some of which are set in
Detroit, he also writes westerns;

Loren D. Estleman, like Elmore Leonard, writes mysteries, some set in
Detroit, as well as westerns, though Leonard is, to me, the better writer;

The "Noire" series books, each containing gritty short-story mysteries set
in a certain city (eg. D.C. Noire, Baltimore Noire, Detroit Noire), by
various writers living in the featured city;

Carl Hiaasen's novels are all set in Florida, peopled by whackey characters,
and contain great dialogue and humor, making them hard for me  to put down.

Bill Meeker

"Let's have a party.  You get the beer and I'll go dig up some chicks."
--Edward Gein, Plainfield Wisconsin