[stylist] word: the name Francois

Donna Hill penatwork at epix.net
Tue Dec 20 22:40:08 UTC 2011

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing,
Donna

-----Original Message-----
From: stylist-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:stylist-bounces at nfbnet.org] On
Behalf Of KajunCutie926 at aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, December 20, 2011 1:04 PM
To: stylist at nfbnet.org
Subject: Re: [stylist] word: the name Francois

Yes that is how it's pronounced.  I had a great  uncle with that name but
also I am of French (Acadian) ancestry.  There is  sir name common here that

is DuBois.  It is pronounced 'do bwa' and it  means 'of the wood/woods'.  My

maiden name is Dupre' and this is pronounced  'do pray' and it means 'of
the meadow or lea'.  It's a beautiful  language, this Acadian French, I grew

up with but it blends both the Parisian  and Acadian and sometimes makes for

some odd pairings.

In a message dated 12/20/2011 11:44:58 A.M. Central Standard Time,