[stylist] Mother's Day Poem feedback

Barbara Hammel poetlori8 at msn.com
Thu Dec 22 20:54:10 UTC 2011

I like the allegory? of how a mother's protection is just like how a bird
takes care of her young.  Since it's about a bird, the sing-song quality is
nice because it makes you think of the rhythm and cadence of a bird song.
(Of course, I write--so therefore like--this kind of poetry.)
Barbara

Let every nation know whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay
any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose
any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.--John
F. Kennedy