[stylist] Mother's Day Poem feedback

Jacqueline Williams jackieleepoet at cox.net
Sat Dec 24 01:16:09 UTC 2011

Brad,
This is not a cheesy poem. As far as being sing-song, I suspect it did not
follow your format in the e-mail version at all, so it reads like a
narrative with a lot of internal rhyme. I could reform it according to the
rhyme pattern, but the meaning is beautiful as is. I would be proud to get
such a card for mother's day.
If in its original form, the rhyme pattern seems to much, think of the
greeting card market where they pursue such sentiments in rhyme that so many
people can understand and treasure. Great literature, No. But worthy, Yes.
I loved some of your phrases:  She grooms their survival with maturing of
feathers;   Each day more slack in their invisible tether."
Jackie