[stylist] Fwd: A Phrase A Week - Security blanket

James H. "Jim" Canaday M.A. N6yr n6yr at sunflower.com
Fri Dec 30 16:24:35 UTC 2011

yes,
amazing how bright they actually were in the old days.
and you did a good job spelling out the "unintended consequences" of stopping the "overblankets."
I'd never seen one of those either.
I like how the writer of this column traces the origin and process of the phrase.  interesting this first had a wartime application after the direct meaning.
jc